Effective as of 26 January 2021 v.2
Happyplüs Card Terms and Conditions
The Happyplüs Program (the “Program”) is a loyalty program (herein referred to as “Happyplüs”) offered by Jollibee Foods Corporation (herein referred to as “JFC”) under the following brands of the Jollibee Group of Companies – Jollibee, Chowking, Red Ribbon, Greenwich and Mang Inasal (herein referred to as “JFC Brands”). For purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “JFC” shall include JFC subsidiaries, affiliates and franchisees who implement the Program. The Program is open to all who purchase the Happyplüs Card and its other branded formats such as Jollibee Joy Rewards, Greenwich Overload Card, Red Ribbon Rewards, Chowking Chow Card, and Mang Inasal Card . All of these Cards are powered by the Program, and shall be collectively referred to as “Happyplüs Cards”, “Card”, or “Cards”. In this Program, “Cardholder” means everyone that has purchased a Happyplüs Card.
The specific rules of the Program are outlined below.
A. Happyplüs Card Validity and Renewal
- A Happyplüs Card is valid for three (3) years from the date indicated on the face of the Card (“Expiration Date”) and may be used in any of the participating JFC Brands stores (For the list of participating stores, go to www.happyplus.com.ph/stores and https://www.facebook.com/HappyplusCard. The Cardholder can check the Expiration Date stated on the face of the Card.
- A Happyplüs Card must be renewed before the Expiration Date in order for the Cardholder to continue enjoying the benefits of the Happyplüs program. If a Happyplüs Card is renewed before the Expiration Date, the last balance of the load value (herein referred to as “Happyload”) and the last balance of points that can be redeemed and used to purchase food products in participating JFC Brands stores (herein referred to as “Happypoints ”) on the expiring Card will be transferred to the new Card.
- JFC may also allow the renewal of the Happyplüs Card after the Expiration Date. In such a case, if the Card is renewed within 90 days from the Card’s Expiration Date, all unused Happyload balance and Happypoints will be transferred to the new Card.
- The Cardholder understands and agrees that if Cardholder fails to renew within the 90-day period from the Expiration Date: (i) all unused Happyload balance and Happypoints will be forfeited in favor of JFC; and (ii) JFC shall be free from any and all liability as regards the loss or forfeiture of Cardholder’s unused Happyload balance and Happypoints.
B. Use of the Happyplüs Card
The Happyplüs Card or a JFC Brand-specific Happyplüs Card, may be used in any participating JFC Brands stores. For clarity, a JFC Brand-specific Happyplüs Card (i.e. Red Ribbon Rewards) may be used in another participating JFC Brand store (i.e. Jollibee).
- Loading the Happyplüs Card:
The Happyplüs Card allows the Cardholder to load a monetary value on to the Happyplüs Card for future purchases at participating JFC Brands stores nationwide. The value loaded in every Happyplüs Card is treated as cash. The monetary value that the Cardholder can load onto the Happyplüs Card is a pre-payment for the goods and services of participating JFC Brands. The Happyplüs Card is valid for use in participating JFC brands in the Philippines only and within the validity period of such Happyplüs Card.
For a list of participating JFC Brands stores, please visit: https://www.happyplus.com.ph/ and https://www.facebook.com/HappyplusCard.
- Load amounts for the Happyplüs Card:
The Cardholder can load value (Happyload) onto a Happyplüs Card by presenting his Happyplüs Card to any of the participating JFC Brands stores, and paying in cash or non-cash tenders to load the Happyplüs Card. The minimum amount that can be loaded on a Happyplüs Card is One Hundred Pesos (Php 100.00), and any additional amount shall be in denominations of One Hundred Pesos (Php 100.00). The maximum value that may be stored on any Card at any given time is Ten Thousand Pesos (Php 10,000.00). The Happyload in the Card is non-refundable and may not be exchanged for cash or credit balance. Subject to Sections A.2 and A.3 above, the Happyload balance does not expire as long as the Card is not expired and is still valid.
- Purchasing with the Happyplüs Card:
The Cardholder may use the Happyload of the Card when making a purchase of food products and merchandise (non-food items) at any participating stores of JFC brands. The Cardholder may also opt to split the payment of a transaction using the combination of Happyload and Happypoints.
- Earning Happypoints with Happyplüs Card:
a) Every purchase of food products using the Happyplüs Card worth Fifty Pesos (Php 50.00) entitles a Cardholder to earn one (1) Happypoint. If the Happyplüs Card is not present at the time a transaction was made, Happypoints will not be awarded.
b) In view of JFC’s partnership with Chevron, Happyplüs Cardholders are also entitled to earn 1 Happypoint for every Php 100.00 purchase at participating Caltex stations (for a list of participating Caltex stations, see https://www.caltex.com/ph/motorists/rewards-and-offers/happyplus-card/happyplus-card-accepting-stations.html); provided, that, only a maximum of Twenty Thousand Philippine Pesos (Php20,000.00) in purchases at participating Caltex stations can be converted to Happypoints per month , subject to the following additional conditions: (i) Happyplüs Cardholders may only avail of up to two (2) purchases per day; and (ii) a maximum transaction amount of Three Thousand Philippine Pesos (Php 3,000.00) . JFC reserves the right to amend, revise or remove this particular mode of earning Happypoints at any time and without prior notice to the Cardholder.
- Redemption of Happypoints:
a) Cardholders may redeem their Happypoints at any of the participating JFC Brands stores during the validity period of the Happyplüs Card and as long as the Card is active. To redeem the Happypoints, Cardholders can convert one (1) Happypoint for One Peso (Php 1.00). The Happypoints earned will be forfeited if a Cardholder fails to renew his/her Card before the Expiration Date, or within the 90-day period from Expiration Date of the Happyplüs Card. If the Happyplüs Card is not present at the time a transaction was made, Happypoints cannot be redeemed .
b) The Cardholder understands and agrees that Happypoints may no longer be redeemed under the following circumstances: (i) if a Cardholder fails to renew his/her Card before the Expiration Date; (ii) if Cardholder fails to renew his/her Happyplüs Card within the 90-day period from the Expiration Date, if renewal beyond the Expiration Date is allowed by JFC; (iii) if Cardholder lost his/her Happyplüs Card; or (iv) if Cardholder’s Happyplüs Card is defective. JFC and/or the JFC Brands, their directors, officers, employees, and representatives shall be free from any and all liability as regards the loss or forfeiture of Cardholder’s unredeemed or unused Happypoints under this provision.
c) The Cardholder understands and agrees that for purposes of this provision, JFC shall have the exclusive right to determine the accuracy and correctness of the Happypoints earned or redeemed by a particular Cardholder, which determination is deemed to be correct.
- Inactive Happyplüs Card:
Failure of a Cardholder to either load his Happyplüs Card at least once in a calendar year or to earn at least one (1) Happypoint during the same calendar year will render the Card inactive. An inactive Happyplüs Card will not entitle the Cardholder to avail of promos under the Program. To reactivate an inactive Happyplüs Card, the Cardholder has to load at least One Hundred Pesos (Php 100.00) or earn at least one (1) Happypoint within the same calendar year.
- Lost Happyplüs Card:
A lost Happyplüs Card cannot be replaced. All Happypoints and Happyload balances in a lost Card are as good as cash, and may no longer be transferred to a new or replacement Card . JFC and/or the JFC Brands, their directors, officers, employees, and representatives shall be free from any and all liability for any unauthorized usage of the Card, even if the Cardholder has reported his/her Card as lost to JFC and/or JFC Brands stores. JFC will not reimburse or reinstate the Happypoints and Happyload balances of the lost Card to a new Card.
- Damaged Happyplüs Card:
Cards that are damaged because of mishandling may be replaced, provided that the Card still appears to be in good physical condition and should not have been tampered with. The Cardholder has the option to transfer the existing Happyload and Happypoints balance to a newly purchased Happyplüs Card for a fee of Php 100.00. To replace a damaged Card, the Cardholder must surrender the damaged Card and provide relevant contact information to any participating JFC Brands store. The receiving JFC Brand store will then send the Card to the JFC Main Office for processing. The damaged Card will then be replaced within 15 days from the date of receipt of the said Card by JFC Main Office. The Cardholder will be notified via SMS, call or email when they can pick up their Card at their nominated store.
- Defective Happyplüs Card:
Cards that cannot be read due to a system error when used in participating JFC Brands stores may be subject to replacement, following applicable guidelines imposed by JFC . To replace a defective Card, a Cardholder must surrender the Card at any participating JFC Brands store. The defective Card will be validated by the JFC Main Office and will be replaced for free within fifteen (15) days if found defective. The Cardholder will be notified via SMS, call or email when and where they can pick up their Card at their nominated store.
The Cardholder understands and agrees that JFC shall not be liable for the lost or redeemed Happyload or Happypoints in the defective Happyplüs Card. Further, JFC and JFC Brands are under no obligation to transfer these lost or redeemed Happyload or Happypoints to the replacement Card.
- Disputes on Transactions Using the Happyplüs Card:
Happypoint computations and Happyload balances on JFC’s records shall be deemed correct and any dispute as to the number of Happypoints that a Cardholder can redeem, or the balance of the Happyload that remains in the Happyplus Card shall be exclusively determined by JFC. Should any conflict arise, Cardholder agrees that the records of JFC shall take precedence over other records, and that the decision of JFC shall be deemed correct and final.
JFC and/or the JFC Brands, their directors, officers, employees, and representatives shall be free from any and all liability from any claim or damage resulting from the use or redemption of Happypoints and the Happyload.
- Unauthorized Usage of the Happyplüs Card
JFC reserves the right not to accept any Happyplüs Card or otherwise limit the use of a Happyplüs Card if it reasonably believes that such use is unauthorized, fraudulent or otherwise unlawful. JFC reserves the right to audit Cards at any time without advance notice to ensure compliance with the Program’s Terms and Conditions. If the audit uncovers irregularities or suspicious findings deemed by JFC to be fraudulent or illegal in nature, JFC may suspend the Card in question for further investigation or even terminate the Card account totally.
- Senior citizen and PWD Guidelines
Senior citizens and persons with disabilities (PWD) Cardholders are eligible for discounts on food purchases using the Card, provided that the Senior citizen and PWD discount cannot be availed in conjunction with other discounts and/or promotions. The Senior citizen and PWD discount do not apply to the purchases of Happyplüs Cards.
- Happyplüs Registration
Registration of a Happyplüs Card is optional and the card can be used right away without registering. However, registering the card has benefits that the cardholder can enjoy, such as:
- Viewing the Transaction History of the Card
- Viewing the Happyload and Happypoints balance of the Card
- Exclusive updates and promos for Happyplüs
The Happyplüs Card can be registered in any of the following ways:
- Via Happyplüs Online Website – A Cardholder may register by logging on to happyplus.com.ph and pressing the “Register Now” button; or
- Via Happyplüs SMS – Cardholder may send a text message to Globe/TM 2158-8000 or Smart/Sun/TnT 29290-58-8000 with the following format:
REG <space> 16 DIGIT CARD NUMBER <space> FIRST NAME <space> MIDDLE NAME <space> LAST NAME <space> BIRTHDAY (MM/DD/YY) <space> GENDER <space> EMAIL ADDRESS .
In registering, Cardholders will be required to provide the following personal information:
- Cardholder’s first and last name
- Cardholder’s address
- Cardholder’s date of birth
- E-Mail address
- Mobile number; and
- Card number.
Once registered, the Cardholder will be required to verify his/her e-mail address/ mobile number via the confirmation message containing a confirmation link. The Cardholder needs to click on the link to verify their account. The Cardholder’s account shall be accessible through the Happyplüs Website, which reflects the Cardholder’s balances, Happyload balance and Happypoints amount, and most recent five (5) transactions of the Card. Note that the website information may be available within 48 hours from the last transaction of the card.
C. Changes to these Terms and Conditions and Program Guidelines
- These Terms and Conditions shall remain valid and may be amended by JFC from time to time without prior notice to the Cardholder. JFC may use reasonable efforts to provide Cardholders with accurate and timely information regarding the Program including any changes thereof; however, JFC shall not be liable in any way for failure to do so.
- Without prior notice to the Cardholder, JFC reserves the right at all times and based on its sole discretion:
– to make any changes whatsoever to these Terms and Conditions including the rules and guidelines of the Program;
– to withdraw, cancel, withhold, substitute, deny access to or use of or in any way change any of the benefits previously advertised or offered, to any Cardholder, and JFC will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Cardholder resulting from such withdrawal, cancellation, variation or change; and
– to terminate or materially alter the Program and/or revoke the right of any Cardholder to use the Happyplüs Card or to utilize any benefits.
- JFC has no control over the accuracy and correctness of the Personal Information Cardholders will provide. To the extent permitted by law, JFC shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury arising out of or in connection with the inaccuracies, incompleteness, falsity, or errors in the information you provide .
E. imitation of Liability
JFC shall not be liable to to any Cardholder or any third party with respect to any damage, death, delay, injury or loss arising out of, whether directly or indirectly, or in connection with the services, points or benefits provided or not provided under the Program, use by the Cardholder of the Card, or participation in the Program. JFC shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage resulting from the termination or change in the Program or for any withdrawal from the Program of any JFC Brand.
F. Miscellaneous Provisions
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Philippine law. In case of disputes, the venue for any action shall be the proper courts of Pasig City to the exclusion of all other venues.
- Failure of JFC to enforce a particular term or condition does not constitute a waiver of that term or condition by JFC, and shall not be construed as a waiver or variation of it or preclude its exercise at any subsequent time.
- If any of the terms or conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, then such term or condition shall, so far as it is invalid or unenforceable, be given no effect and shall be deemed not to be included in these Terms and Conditions, but without invalidating any of the remaining provisions.
- JFC has the exclusive right to determine a Cardholder’s eligibility in participating in the Program and/or entitlement to the Program’s membership and membership privileges. Such determination by JFC shall be deemed final.